Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fido Scurry - 2011

I was never a runner. In fact, I despised running to the depths of my soul. I did track my Eighth grade year and hated every second of it. I actually only stuck it out through the entire season because my mom told me, "You will never finish the season." So naturally, I did just to prove her wrong. All this background is to say that today, amazingly somehow, I am fond of running....I know, mind blowing.

My running journey begins all the way back in February of this year. My co-worker and close friend, Heather, was planning to run in the Race for the Cure. This is an organization that has a particular spot in my heart since I lost my Aunt to breast cancer. After much encouragement (peer pressure) I gave in and started my couch to 5k training. As the weeks went by, I could run further and further, and I enjoyed running more and more. Three 5ks later, I find myself looking forward to lacing up my shoes and listening to my feet pound against the pavement.

However, my last run was a little bit different then my previous runs. Clint and I decided to participate in the 2011 Fido Scurry held in Decatur, IL to benefit the Macon County Animal Shelter. For those of you who don't know, we adopted Sarabi from a shelter, and both have a passion for animals. We decided this was a great cause for us to support and would be a fun experience because they actually encouraged you to bring your pet along to run with you.

Once we got Sarabi to the park, we started having second thoughts. She was having a melt down. Too many people, too many dogs, too thirsty, too squirmy....too much! She was the only dog making noise during the prayer...embarrassing. But, when we got to the starting line, Sarabi couldn't have been happier. Not only did she trot along happily beside Clint and I as we huffed and puffed through our run, she still had energy left to run around like a crazy dog once we were finished! We managed to place First and Second in the run and Sarabi proudly showed off her prizes. We had such a great time and will defiantly be participating in the Fido Scurry for years to come!

Baby Sarabi - not a baby anymore!

After finishing our run

Our friend from High School was the Radar mascot - had to get a photo!

Posing with all of her awards

1 comment:

  1. Write lots of useful, topical and relevant content on the most popular search engine.
    As a Pligging tool, it should be presented in the site is for that work.
    There are case studies that show that a searcher
    is 5 times more likely to become regular customers rather than a one-time visitor.
    I tagged along to the furniture store to prevent my mother from buying
    rainforest wood, but also easily identified by Google.

    Why business owner will hire some expensive traffic Professionals?


    my web site: search engine listing services

    ReplyDelete