Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Concrete jungle where dreams are made oh, there's nothing you can't do...

I love my job. I don't discuss it much on this blog, but I have been so blessed thus far in my career. I have met amazing people, been given challenging opportunities and have gotten the chance to visit some amazing places that I never thought I would see. One of the amazing people that I have met through my job is the fabulous Kelsey. Right from the start she and I hit it off. We have many similar interests and personality traits and have established a great friendship since I started work.

So the morning when I received a text from her at about 7:30 a.m. asking me if I would like to go to New York, I answered without question, yes. This is totally out of character for me. Usually I have to sit and think of all the pros and cons of the situation, evaluate the funding risks and discuss with my parents / Clint. Not this time... I had no idea what we were going to do, where we were going to stay or how much everything would cost, but I knew that she had found a deal on plane tickets that I could simply not pass up. I don't think she honestly ever expected that I would say yes either because her response was pure shock. And just like that, we were New York bound.

After a few frustrating hours of determining the best deal on a hotel and nailing down the biggest portions of our trip, we were set to go. Once again, totally out of character for me. No days and days and days of researching, no strict itinerary, just a vague idea of some of the sights we wanted to see and a pair of tickets to see The Lion King on Broadway.

Just arrived at the hotel

Empire State

Times Square

Brooklyn Bridge


Lady Liberty

Lion King!

Central Park
We had an absolutely fabulous trip. We saw everything New York had to offer in just three short days, which is exactly why my feet are twice the size they normally are and covered in blisters. We learned some valuable lessons and know what we would do differently if we ever decide to return. Until then, Kels and I are working on planning our next trip...New Orleans for Halloween? Boston for leaf peeping? We have lots to squeeze in before she moves to Spokane!

If you want to see all of my pictures: New York Photo Album

1 comment:

  1. Grеat goodѕ from you, man. I haνe understand your stuff рreviοus to and you are ϳust ехtremely wonԁerful.
    I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can't wait
    to read much more from you. This is геally a tеrrific ωebѕite.


    mу wеb blog ... lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete