Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pull up a chair and stay awhile

A few weeks ago I went on an adventure with my parents and Clint. We traveled to Bloomington to visit the third Sunday market. It was the first time that we had been and we were blown away by all the treasures that we found. It took HOURS to walk through all the barns and sheds, and I found sooo many things that I wanted.

Love the eat more chili sign

 But my goal for the day was to find some chairs to go along with the kitchen table that I had recently purchased which I could not be more in love with. It is a farmhouse style table with a wooden top and fold-down leaves with distressed off-white legs...luuurrrrvveee! However, enough about the table and onto the chairs!

The first barn we walked into I discovered some beauties and was hooked. But, Papa Randy was not impressed. I am not sure how you couldn't be impressed with their five dollar price tag! So, like a good daughter, I listened to dad and passed them up. But I just couldn't find anything else throughout the day that made me feel like those chairs. So Clint, being the perfect man that he is, went back to pick them up for me :) (What a keeper) And $20 dollars later I was the proud owner of a set of four matching chairs that look like this baby



How can you not melt at those curves

I knew right away how much potential these had so I went right to work! I got so excited to start working on them that I forgot to take pictures of the process so all I have right now are some after shots. My kitchen is transforming into an Americana country theme, so you can see the red, navy and tan in the fabric that I used to recover the seats. This was also my first experiment with glazing, and I will just say it probablyyyy could have gone better...I didn't realize how quickly the glaze would dry, but nothing a little paint didn't fix! :) I am OBSESSED with my new chairs and can't wait to see them all finished and sitting around my new table. I hope you enjoy my latest creation!









1 comment: